Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Friday, January 25, 2008

my apartment in la democracia

here i am on the porch of my little apartment in la democracia. i have two rooms, one has my kitchen and bathroom and fridge, table chairs etc. the other has my bed, couch and is more of a sitting room. to get the best idea of what its like i am accepting visitors at all times! come on over!

the neighboring kids never hesitate to take me up on my invitation to visitors. they love checking out what the gringa is up to and how i live my life. some of them are also interested in learning english. one little girl keeps asking me how to write certain words and to teach her to write in english but she doesn't know how to write period. too funny!
this is the view from my porch, looking toward the center of town and also toward the surrounding mountains. truly a beautiful spot where i am, on every side there are tall, tree covered mountains.